Items eligible for return must be initiated within 30 days from the order delivery date. For orders placed November 1st through December 15th of the current year returns must be initiated by January 31st of the following year or 30 days from the order delivery date, whichever is later. Refunds for returns go to the original form of payment less fees that are item dependent to include, but not limited to shipping and restocking fees. Allow for 10 business days from the receipt of a return for a charge credit. Prior to placing an order refer to the product detail page for the item specific return policy. After placing an order refer to confirmation or shipping update e-mails.
Returnable items must arrive back in original condition. Products must be new, unused, unaltered, uninstalled, not previously laundered or assembled e.g. no cut or clipped wires, no contact with water and no writing on the shipping carton to include all original packaging and accessories. Items sold in Multiple Quantities must be returned in the minimum multiple quantity they were sold in.
Products and packaging not in original condition will not be accepted for return.
Visible or concealed damage must be reported within 24 hours of receipt. To request a Return Authorization click here Returns will not be accepted without a Return Authorization.
Due to the nature of some types of orders the general return policy will not apply. Some exceptions include:
- Open Box items are sold as is and are not eligible for return.
- Orders for 10 or more of the same item are subject to a 25% restocking charge. For large quantity orders it is recommended a sample is ordered first to ensure the item meets requirements.
- Products with a dollar value greater than $250 are subject to a 35% restocking charge.
- Orders for items that are not on the LightBulbSurplus.com website may not be returned. Notification will be provided at the time of ordering if an item is not eligible for return.
- Custom and built-to-order items are not eligible for return.
- Ballasts, Christmas lights, Light Globes with Special Openings, special order and clearance items are non-returnable except under manufacturer's warranty.
Refund credits can only be returned back to the credit card of the original purchase; it's the law. In the event that a card can no longer be charged back (lost card etc.) an attempt on our part has to be made at least once and then a company credit towards future purchases will be sent. It is the policy of American Express, Visa, Master Card, Discovery and PayPal to only give refunds on your account within a certain period of time. We must have received all credit card purchases back with 90 days and all PayPal purchases returned within 30 days. After this period of time you will be given a store credit.
We appreciate your understanding that LightBulbSurplus.com merchandise may only be returned by mail or ground service (UPS or Fed Ex). Upon return, your merchandise will be inspected. Credits or refunds issued will be for the order value, minus our actual freight and handling charges incurred on the original order. Any taxes charged will be refunded in accordance with state laws. Shipping and handling charges are nonrefundable.
To return an item by mail, follow the instructions on the packing slip enclosed in your order, insure the package, and mail it to the LightBulbSurplus.com address on your packing slip. If you do not have a packing slip, please call us at 888.553.5655 and we will gladly assist you.